30-Aug-2019, Ad#: 18259, Views: 1767
Category: Media / PR / Events
Internship Project Management (Social Responsibility) (Paid)
German Industry & Commerce Shanghai
The German Chamber of Commerce in China ● Shanghai (GCC) is the representative organization for German companies in Shanghai, Jiangsu and Zhejiang.
The GCC ● Shanghai offers its over 1300 members a platform to strengthen business ties and acquire market knowledge by offering a broad range of business and social events in Shanghai and the neighboring provinces. In order to pro-actively connect and inform the members of the GCC ● Shanghai, the Chamber Project and Publication Management teams produce informative online and offline publications (e.g. the GC Ticker) and organizes workshops and seminars, working group meetings, excursions, and factory visits and entertains social evenings and networking events. The events are conducted in English, German and Chinese.
To strengthen our team, we are offering internship positions for the minimum duration of three months (longer durations preferable)
Project Management (Social Responsibility) Internship
In this role, you will closely work with the Chambers Manager Social Responsibility and the Events Team to support the organizations Corporate Social Responsibility initiative More than a Market and its annual Awards Gala ceremony.
The More than a Market initiative provides a platform for sharing and developing best practices of social engagement by German companies in China. The initiative was founded by the German Chamber of Commerce in China together with Bertelsmann Stiftung and supported by the German Consulate General Shanghai. Since 2016, the annual More than a Market Awards have been shining a light on exemplary approaches of German companies engaging with Chinese society.
Other duties will include taking minutes, general research, statistical and analytical work.
- actively supporting the organization, execution and follow-up of events (business workshops, conferences, Chamber Meetings, social and networking events and seminars) in Shanghai and the neighboring provinces
- communicating and coordinating with third party service-providers including event venue staff, event service companies (audio, photographer, etc.)
- coordinating the Chambers Corporate Social Responsibility project (including event preparation, research, preparing protocols)
- coordinate applications for the More than a Market Awards
- coordinate guest lists, follow up with invoices and RSVP
- supervise event related productions and printings with vendors
- prepare the Award Ceremony for More than a Market together with the Manager
- promote and implement the CSR initiative More than a Market at Chamber events, among members and non-members and offer assistance when required
- coordinate and provide assistance for CSR-related projects of the Chamber
We offer you the challenge of a diverse range of duties and the opportunity to work alongside a dynamic team in an international environment.
The position represents an excellent opportunity for you to enhance your communication and organization skills and connect to the business community of the German Chamber of Commerce in China.
Both Internationals and local Chinese
What we expect from you:
- Student at a Chinese University with the permission of the university to carry out an internship (if foreign national, should be holder of the X Visa)
- Fluent in Chinese and excellent command of English. German is a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Power Point and Excel is a must
- Start date: From October 2019
- High motivation and exceptional interpersonal skills
- Diligent and positive attitude towards demanding work
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a high-stress environment
- High sense of responsibility and ability to work independently
- Detail orientated
German Industry & Commerce Shanghai
Please send us your letter of motivation and your CV in English as a PDF document via email to: email@example.com
|Please mention "Internships.pro Ad#18259" in your cover letter when applying for this position. |